What we Fund
We can help:
- An unpaid carer who lives in Dorset.
- An unpaid carer who is caring for a sick or disabled relative or friend
- A carer who is caring for a substantial amount of their time.
- A carer doesn’t have to be registered with social services.
- A carer receiving/not receiving benefits.
- A carer with maximum savings of 10,000.
- Any aspect of a carers, or the person they care for, lives deemed appropriate, through application, by the Trustees.
We can provide funding for:
- Respite breaks
- Cash crisis awards up to £150
- Home services (ironing, gardeners, maintenance and repairs)
- Home improvements
- Tuition fees for educational learning or training courses
- Domestic Appliances
- Installation of access equipment
- Social activities
- Leisure activities
- Seed funding for new carers groups
- Group funding
- Coach trips and days out
- Public events
- Professional services
- Any aspect of a carers life deemed suitable by the Trustees
We are unable to fund:
- Applications from carers with savings of £10,000 or more
- Applications for carpeting & flooring except in exceptional circumstances
- Applications from carers who have previously received an award within the last 2 years except in exceptional circumstances
- Applications costing more than £1000 except in exceptional circumstances
- Applications for cash crisis grants of more than £150 except in exceptional circumstances
- We are unable to reimburse costs already paid or anything that has been booked, contracted for, or reserved prior to our agreement
We reserve the right to refuse funding for repeat applications.
In all cases once the appeals process has been completed, the Trustees decision is final.Grant Making Policy